“We desire an inter-generational discipleship approach where families are growing in Christlikeness together.”
The Family Team oversees the discipleship ministries at WBC for all ages. The aim of the Family Team is summed up in the phrase, “Forming Christ’s Followers,” or, as Paul puts it in Ephesians 4:11-16,
And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (Ephesians 4:11-16 ESV)
The “Family” aspect of the Family Team refers both to the fact that we are focused on the building up of the “household of God” (Ephesians 2:19), and also to the inter-generational approach we take to ministry. We believe that God has called the Church to support families as parents disciple their children, training fathers and mothers to shepherd their children in the Faith (Ephesians 6:1-4). We also believe that the Church is called in Christ to be a Family (Romans 8:14-15), and to be one in Christ (Ephesians 2:13-22). As a result, while we recognize and respond to the need for different types of discipleship offerings, the Family Team works together - the Youth Group works with the Nursery, and the Children’s Ministry works with the Small Groups, and the Awana leaders and the Women’s Ministry leaders work together, and so on. Whole families work together in ministry, and whole families are served in Christ. Whether you’re a household of one or a dozen, the Family Team is committed to your growth in the Lord.
VBS 2018 - WOW Nights: Evening VBS-Meets-Block-Party
WOW is short for "Winnetka Outdoor Week" and is scheduled for August 6-9, 2018. Registration will open soon.
- WOW Nights is an outdoor, evening, family-focused event
- Each evening will include exciting music, drama, teaching, and stations designed to help your child experience the truth of God's Word in a fun and encouraging environment
- Monday evening includes dinner
- Thursday evening includes a Block Party event
- Children who have finished Kindergarten through 4th grade will travel through each evening in "squads" led by teens & adults
- Children who have not yet finished Kindergarten will enjoy the evening with their parent or guardian
- Our theme is "He Saved Us," from our theme verse, Titus 3:5
Interested in volunteering? Fill out this form!